Make sure all your Clarion apps have a user-friendly, zero-support, data import & export option.
This type of facility is a major checklist feature for software buyers.
IMPEX gives you easy user-controlled “drag-and-drop” import and export of data using Clarion templates which automatically read file format information (such as Field Names Field Types etc) from the Data Dictionary (export) or from the file header (import). Even the file structures are constructed automatically. The demo will import any dBase or ASCII file so you can test it on your own data files. ABC and Legacy versions. Clarion 8,9,10 and 11.
- 1. Delimited (comma,tab,pipe,semicolon)ASCII,Flat ASCII and Dbase 3/4 supported
- 2. Optional one-click importing – where all parameters are setup in advance by the developer
- 3. Update (replace) an existing record – as part of the de-dupe routines
- 4. Wizard type steps make importing very easy to understand
- 5. The user can match up fields by a Map by Name button (for similar labels) and then drag and drop. These Map Structures can be saved for future use.
- 6. Duplicate checking can be enabled by both the developer and the end-user with the option of adding replacing or skipping duplicates and saving them to a text file for later viewing/printing.
- 7. At runtime the user can “override” incoming text for a particular field with their own choice of text (or date).
- 8. For testing purposes a set number of records can be imported.
- 9. End user can set delimiter for ASCII import (defaults to comma)
- 10. Unattended and batch imports – using command line parameters
- 11. Records are added to your existing data file and if there is an Auto Number key the autonumber field will be incremented automatically.
- 12. Checks can be made by means of an EMBED point just before a record is added. For example you could check if a required field is blank.
- 13. For ASCII files there is the option to skip the header record (useful if this record contains just field names) and allow double quote marks.
- 14. dBASE key/index files are not used, just the .DBF and .DBT data files – so avoiding problems with non-standard formats.
- 15. File information such as field names, types,sizes is read straight from the DBF header record and displayed in a browse so the format of incoming files does not need to be known in advance (ie at compile time).
- • Export to HTML,Delimited(comma,tab,pipe,semicolon)ASCII,Flat ASCII and Dbase 3/4
- • The developer can set Field Order for any export format and with Flat ASCII can also override the dictionary field length
- • HTML options: end user control over page and table attributes (font,color,width,cellspacing etc.) inclusion of user header/footer HTML (for example standard navigation bars) so the look and feel of their website can be maintained table fields can be given a URL link data can be output to one page or multiple pages. In the latter case Next/Previous links and page numbers are placed on each page generated.
- • The user can define which fields are included in the export file. So for example the user could exclude confidential data fields from being exported. These selections can be saved for future use.
- • For ASCII files there are options for header record double quotes and date format. Date fields are automatically detected by the templates.
- • Exclude fields from export – by both developer and end user
- • Create a new field on export – such as FirstName + MiddleName + LastName
- • IMPEX links up with other 3rd party query packages by means of an EMBED which allows testing against a Query or Tagfile produced by one of these packages.
I have just completed a project where I am exporting CSV files and I have got to say I am delighted with Impex https://sterlingdata.com fantastic product !!!
Great job with Impex import/export templates. This must be one of the easiest templates I ever implemented. Good instructions and straightforward. You give one of the most responsive and thorough support services available today. Quite a refreshing experience to work with Sterling Data
I think your products that I have are outstanding. Keep up the great work
Over the years I have found your templates to be one of 3 indespensibles in my development bag…
Got the New Impex installed and it works great. I tackled a 34 MB Flat ascii file and imported it into a .TPS file with no problems
I like the product. It works cleanly and simply. Other than one problem that was mine it works as advertised. On import I liked the drag and drop implementation that allowed me to say what inputting field should be associated with what field in my data file. Good job Mike!
Your interface is one of the best I’ve seen. I think end users will really appreciate it.
I'm very happy with the IMPEX Import/Export tool and I'm using it in all my apps. Great tool and easy to use. www.andromidasoftware.com
IMPEX costs only $195 and there are no runtime royalties. Clarion C8,C10 and C11 compatible
Purchase with Confidence – all products are covered by our 60-day return policy
No annual subscription charge!
Empower your Clarion users with point-n-click Data Import & Export!
Major benefits of using IMPEX